Friday, September 21, 2007

UM v. PSU

I don't really know what to say about this game. The key for me is UM winning the line of scrimmage on both offense and defense. IF M can get hart 150 rushing yards, hold the PSU ground attack to less than 100 and pressure Morelli - M wins. If they can't do these things I think they'll lose. PSU runs a traditional offense, which is something that M hasn't seen yet this year (ASU and Oregon both run the spread and ND doesn't run an offense). I think M matches up well with the PSU offense, the key will be dominated the line and pressuring Morelli. The D-backs have to be careful of the speed of the PSU WR's too. I'd hate to see a 3 yard hitch turn into a 70 yard TD.

My prediction is UM 20 PSU 17.

UPDATE -
I forgot to say that my bold prediction for this game is that Derrick Williams (AKA D-Wheels ) will touch the the ball at least once behing the LOS. Whether this means a reverse, end around, direct snap, hand off, or whatever but I am very confident that Jay-Pa and Joe-Pa will have some tricky play lined up that tries to take advantage of #2's speed.

No comments: