Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mike Tomlin

A prior post discussed my dissapointment in the Chargers hiring Norv Turner, but I most say atleast he has head coaching experience. Mike Tomlin the new coach of the Steelers has no head coaching experience, and as far as I know he was only the defensive cord. of the Vikings for one year. Now don't get me wrong I'm all for new guys getting a shot, like Marvin Lewis who put in time as a D cord. and had awesome defenses. Mike Tomlin has not put in his time and who the hell was impressed by the Vikes defensive, the team was 6-10! (Yes I know their offense was terrible but both the ravens and bucs won a super bowl with an awesome D and a sub-par O).

Now, Mike Tomlin a guy with one year of being a D Cord with a sub-par defense is a great coaching candidate? I don't get it at all?

The thing that pisses me off the most about this guy is that everyone on ESPN is drinking this guy's KOOL-AID. Saying he is going to invigorate the franchise and so on and so forth. This team won a super bowl just over a year ago and now this guy is going to revitilize the franchise? This guy couldn't hold bill cowher's clipboard.

Sorry, Steelers but I don't think Mike Tomlin is ready for this job yet.

Maybe he can prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

No comments: